Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Do you have a Canon EOS camera but do not have the cord that connects the camera to your computer or laptop? This is a problem that many face and that is why it is important to have the Canon EOS Utility software installed on your computer. It is a free program that will help you to control your camera remotely. You will be able to transfer the images from your camera directly to your computer and it also allows you to set the camera in such a way so that the copyright and contact is encoded in every image that you take. So, how will you install this software on your computer and how will you use it? Here are a few things that you need to know.
• Visit the official website of Canon and go to the Shop page. If you are not sure where it is or what you need to do to visit the page that leads to the Shop, you can follow this link for help.
• This page has all the EOS models that Canon has released till date. You will have to select the model of your EOS camera from the list given on the left side of the page. Once you click on your EOS model, you will be redirected to the product support page for that camera. This page will have all the instructions on what you need to do next and you have to follow those instructions carefully.
• You will find a “Drivers and Downloads” tab on this page. Click on it and you will be taken to the software page of the camera.
• When you reach the software page, select the software tab and click on it.
• You will get an EOS Utility button after clicking on the software tab. Click on the Select button.
• This will take you to the page where you can download the Canon EOS Utility software for your camera. You will get a file description of the software that you are going to download along with a set of terms and conditions. Agree to the terms and conditions and click on the download button. The Canon EOS Utility software will start downloading.
• Once the download completes, you need to double click the application file. Follow the steps that are mentioned. Make sure that you opt for the standard installation process and not the custom one. This will make it easier for you to install the application.
After the installation is complete, you can double click on the shortcut that has been created on the desktop of your computer. This will take you to the window from where you can control the camera remotely.
If you are looking to transfer images from the camera to your computer, you can do it by selecting all the photos at once or select the ones that you want to transfer. One of the most important features of this software application is that integrates easily with ImageBrowser EX and Digital Photo Professional. You will also be able to control the camera remotely from the computer via Wi-Fi. The Canon EOS Utility software is mostly used by professionals who have to access their camera through their computer for quick transfer and editing of the photos they have taken. It is also possible to connect the EOS camera to your computer with a USB cord but you will not be able to control it via Wi-Fi. If you have lost the software CD that came with the camera, make sure you follow the steps above to install it back in your computer.